I should have taken a picture of the before Dining Room & Kitchen (it would be the After to my Our House: Before post; but I didn't! So sorry.
Friday Night:
This is what I walked into when I came home. Oh, Hello Honey...Whatcha doing?
He says: "taking the wall down"
oh...ok. have fun with that! (not believing him...thinking he'd stop after taking the molding down.
For some reason when they built the house, they added these box things over the cabinets. I honestly prefer it without because I can add decorate up there! That blue was the original paint color, that's what it was when we bought the house on the other kitchen walls! YUCK!
Starting the cut one side of the wall....I was getting nervous.
Ok, one side done. They were going to stop and call it a night.
But, my husband wanted to be able to "see through" that night. Hi, Welcome to the diner, what can I get you?
Our friend Justin helped. He is an electrician. Love that we know people in the construction field.
He couldn't just let it be. He wanted it DOWN. TONIGHT!
Ok, how you can see our kitchen. Small huh? See that door? That door has been through a lot. We had to put a poster board in to keep the cold air and heat to come through because one side of the glass broke. We did buy a new storm door this weekend & it's installed! YAY!
Saturday Morning:
I went to bed with the stud's still installed. The floor was clean & all the trash was put in my husbands truck. I woke up to this....he continued to work until 2am after his friends left. He was determined for the wall to be gone.
Sunday Night:
Here is our new storm door! Much better!
This is what it looks like now (looking in from our living room) after cleaning, dusting, sweeping & mopping last night & today. We moved our fridge for now becuase it was such a pain to get to the door, especially with a hamper. We would have to turn and suck in to get through because of the oven & fridge!
So far, our plan is:
New Cabinets
New Flooring
New Stove (currently we have oven on one side of the room & a stove top on the other) I hate my oven, its SO small!
Microwave to hang over the stove
Refrigerator
I am really excited to see how it turns out & I will finally have a nice, big kitchen!
(sorry about the pictures, I know they are bad)















No comments:
Post a Comment