Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What we do round here...eat crabs!

Memorial Day weekend. 

This is when we (we, being Anthony and his cousins) pull the pots for the first time of the season! We have about 15 pots spread out on the Lafayette River which his grandparents live off of.  They take the boat and go pull them, it takes about 30+ minutes to pull, empty, bait and put back in. It's pretty stinky, but well worth it. 

I regrettfully have to say, I have yet to taste a crab this season .... being pregnant and picking crabs just doesn't sound good to me.  Anthony hasn't offered his crab meat up yet though.... (what's up with that babe????) I usually look forward to the meals his grandma makes with the crab meat, such as Crab Burgers...my absolute favorite! DELICIOUS!

Anyhoo, every weekend we go by the pool and eat crabs! I thought I would share some of this deliciousness from father's day........



Anthony...the crab master. He usually is in charge of rinsing them and getting them on the steamer.



Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs




I was too scared to hold the crab...but I did it!


but it was dead.....


The King Crabber, PAPA!





Let the pickin' begin.  


you gotta start early if you wanna eat round here! :-)






jealous?


No comments:

Post a Comment